Gathering with family and friends is one of the best parts of the holiday season. Liven Up Your Holiday Celebration with these fun activities!
Game On: Have board games and card games to play around the table. Keep them simple, friendly and fun: e.g. Scrabble, Apples to Apples or your favorite card game.
Get Crafty: Have an arts and crafts project that everyone can do. Make an ornament, decorate cookies or build a gingerbread house.
Festive Tunes: Create a holiday playlist or choose a station on your favorite streaming service to keep the energy up — and the music on autopilot!
Strike a Pose: Put out a Polaroid camera or a few disposable cameras for guests to capture memories. Think of the photos as a special personalized gift!
Write a Note: Set up a station for guests to write personal notes to friends and family expressing why that person is important to them. Make it a craft — provide blank cards that guests can decorate with stickers and custom designs.
Theme It: Theme your celebration! Invite guests to wear their favorite holiday sweater or dress like a character from their favorite seasonal movie or television show.
5 Tips to Stress Less This Holiday Season
While holiday celebrations can be fun, planning and hosting — and in some cases, even attending — can be stressful. Here are five tips to reduce your stress levels this holiday, so you can focus on what’s important!
- Establish expectations ahead of time with your family on the intention of your celebration. This helps keep everyone on the same page to avoid uncomfortable dinner conversations.
- Assign each attendee to a different dish to cut down on kitchen activity — someone takes an appetizer, dessert, side dish, etc. Send a reminder a few days before so folks remember to bring their dish!
- If you’re driving to the party, leave plenty of time to get there in case of traffic or inclement weather. Consider a ride share to avoid having to drive at all.
- Designate a “clean up committee” to help with clearing the table, sorting dishes, bagging up leftovers, etc. Opening presents? Have a large trash bag nearby for guests to dispose of wrapping paper.
- Treat yourself to a massage after the holiday hustle is over!
It’s been a pleasure serving you this year, and I
look forward to continuing that level of care in
2020. Whatever you do to celebrate this season,
I wish you and your family a cheerful holiday
and a wonderful New Year!
© 2019 Buffini & Company. All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission. RMMK DECEMBER S – Liven Up Your Holiday Celebration