Spring into action and complete maintenance work this spring, so come summer, you can sit back, relax and enjoy a hot dog on the grill at your perfect barbecue. Use this checklist to give your home a smooth transition with the change in seasons.
Wash your home’s exterior
Depending on the siding you have, power-washing can potentially do harm. In most cases, a garden hose & a cleaning wand attachment is all you need. Remember to tarp your plants and shrubs!
Clean your deck or patio
After cleaning a wooden deck remember to treat the wood, stain & seal it once everything is dry. Most patio furniture can be freshened up with an all-purpose cleaner. On furniture cushions you can use soap, water & a soft bristle brush.
Tend the garden
Lay down mulch to protect your plants from a drought, boost their growth & give a finished look to your yard.
Air out your home’s interior
Open all the windows & run the air conditioning on low to rid your home of any winter mustiness.
Swap out wintery decor
Swap out your dark linens for a lighter look. Make the inside of your home look & feel like it’s ready for summer!
Add a fresh coat of paint
Notice any chipping or peeling exterior paint? Consider a touch-up. If you hire a professional, you’ll want the work done in the spring so it’s ready by mid-summer.
DO YOU THINK YOU’LL NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP WITH ANY OF THESE TASKS?
CALL ME FOR A GREAT REFERRAL!
Planning the Perfect Summer Party
- Holiday weekends are great, but keep in mind, guests might already be going to another party, so send invites early!
- Consider posting a poll on social media to find a date that works best for your friends.
- Send invitations via social media, email or mail.
- Will you keep it small or go all out?
- Confirm attendance with guests a few weeks before to determine the amount of food and drinks you’ll need.
The Menu: Determine what food you’ll serve and how you’ll prepare it. Choose one or a combination of these options:
- Cook on your own
- Host a potluck
- Hire a caterer
- Make sure the patio or party space is refreshed!
- Update or polish up old furniture.
- Consider adding fun amenities like string lights or a fire pit.
The Entertainment: Try these fun party activities for kids (and adults) of all ages:
- Frisbee toss
- Water balloon toss
- Hula hoops
© 2019 Buffini & Company. All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission. RMMK MAY S